March 20 Update: Houston’s Stay-At-Home Order
At the Pasha Snoring and Sinus Center, we continue to stay ahead of the curve regarding COVID-19 and will continue to serve the community to battle the ill-effects of this epidemic the best we can.
Updated Office Policies
In order to accommodate the safety & concern of the community as well as our patients, we have instituted the following:
- We will not be able to see patients who recently have developed a fever or cough in the past 2 weeks or possible exposure to an infected person.
- We ask to limit guests to one other person.
- We have a full-time screener at the door for
- Temperature checks
- Hand sanitizer dispensing
- Limiting the number of patients in the waiting room
- Staff will be exhibiting extended universal precautions including:
- Wipe downs
- 6-foot social distancing
- Hand & surface sanitization
- No handshakes (except a fist bump or a smile!)
- If the waiting room is “full,” we will ask patients to wait in their car and we will text/phone them when ready.
- Telemedicine appointments may be considered for non-urgent cases using Skype, Google Duo, or FaceTime.
Please note, we are well into our influenza, allergy, and sinus season and realize that patients often need counseling on differentiating these illnesses from COVID-19. We will do our part to counsel you the best we can. Most recent studies have shown COVID-19 also may cause sudden loss of smell or taste. If you experience these symptoms please contact us immediately to arrange a consultation.
We are happy to serve the Greater Houston community through these difficult times.
March 16 Update: COVID’s Here in Houston
Dear Friends & Patients, With these trying times, our office will continue to serve the Greater Houston community and help navigate your health needs & concerns. We understand this month is particularly troubling as this is the height of the allergy season and symptoms may be confused with COVID-19.
We ask for your patience and cooperation as we strive for the highest precautions to avoid further transmission of this virus. I have included a table below that will help you differentiate various upper respiratory symptoms. We will be adjusting our policies daily since new developments are occurring very quickly with this new virus. Any and all changes will be implemented in the interest of protecting our patients, staff, & the Greater Houston community.
New Office Policies
The Pasha Snoring & Sinus Center will immediately implement the following:
Not be able to see patients in clinic who are at risk of being infected by COVID-19. These include patients or staff with any of the following: Have a fever >100.4oF, a recent cough, or recent
experience with shortness of breath
Known or suspected exposure to a COVID-19 individual within the past 2 weeks (exposure = within 6 feet for 3+ minutes) History of travel within 2 weeks of China, Italy, South Korea, Japan, or Iran
- Advising patients to please contact the nearest ER directly if you have these symptoms or feel that you have a life-threatening condition
- If you are uncertain, please feel free to contact our office for further recommendations
- If you have these symptoms but do not feel significantly ill, please stay home and contact your primary care physician
Extending universal precautions in our clinic which will include: No handshakes (except a fist bump or a smile!) Frequent hand washing or hand sanitizer in between patient contact
Limiting the number of patients in the waiting room and—during certain times—will have a screener at the door that will survey, take temperatures, and disperse hand sanitizer to all patients. This may add to wait times.
COVID-19 vs. Other Illnesses
I’ve adapted the following table from various sources to differentiate the various upper respiratory symptoms as a general guideline and does not substitute an exam by your healthcare professional.
|Symptom||COVID-19||Influenza||Common Cold||Allergies||Sinus Infection|
|Shortness of Breath||Common||Mild||No||Wheezing||No|
Please make sure you practice care, caution, & cleanliness in the next few weeks.