Suffering from sinus problems – whether they be acute or chronic – can make you experience intense pain, unpleasant discharge, chronic coughing, ear infections, and postnasal drip, among other symptoms. While our first recommendation is to visit a professional for the diagnosis and treatment of your sinus problems, we understand that sometimes time and/or money constrictions don’t allow for that. So, if all of this sounds familiar, continue reading to find 6 simple home remedies you can use to treat your sinus problems:
1. Avoid eating mucus-forming food (yes, there is such a thing) like: chocolate, eggs, fried food, flour products, sugar products and dairy products.
2. Heat dries up your nasal membranes and boosts the risk of sinus problems. So try keeping the temperature a little cooler in your home or office.
3. Include items such as cayenne pepper, garlic, onion, and horseradish in your meals to help dissolve and eliminate excess mucus.
4. Take a steamy shower/bath or use a humidifier to help clear your sinuses.
6. Use a saline water nasal spray or a neti pot. When using a neti pot, remember to dissolve a teaspoon of sea salt in 2 cups of water. Then, standing over the sink place the tip of the spout in one nostril and tilt your head to the side to allow the water to run out through the other nostril.
5. Combine 1-2 teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar in 6 ounces of water and a teaspoon of raw honey. Drink this 3 times a day for 5 days to combat a sinus infection.